ABL Training Institute
We want YOU!
Join us for this exciting, cutting edge Trainer of Trainers Institute that will increase your knowledge, enhance your teaching strategies and increase your professional network! Become a Certified Trainer for Action Based Learning in your school and in your district. Bring several teachers, administrators and colleagues to help spread the word about Action Based Learning!
As an ABL Certified Trainer you will:
- •Be trained by Jean Blaydes Moize, internationally known speaker and award winning presenter for Action Based Learning
- •Become familiar with Action Based Learning philosophy, history and programs
- •Learn to “speak neuroscience” while finding how to stay current by accessing the latest resources, studies and data
- •Develop innovative teaching skills and strategies to provide cutting edge, innovative brain-based lessons, inservice trainings, staff developments, workshops and conference breakout sessions that are in high demand
- •Create presentations to train your school staff and school districts about how to incorporate more movement during the school day and how to teach academic concepts kinesthetically
- •Receive updates from Action Based Learning to support your efforts
Cancelled – March 23-24 (2 Days) in San Diego, CA featuring ABL Showcase District
June 15-18 in Houston, Texas featuring ABL Showcase District Schools
June 22-25 in Houston, Texas featuring ABL Showcase Districts
July 13-16 In Charleston, SC featuring ABL Flagship District Schools
July 20-23 in Charleston, SC featuring ABL Flagship District Schools
The cost is $675 per person and includes 4 days of training certification.
For school groups of 3 or more, the cost is $650 per person.
Travel, hotel and meal costs are not included in the training fee.
The cost for the 2-day San Diego training is $375 per person.
For more info reach us at email@example.com or call 866-234-0475.
•ABL training materials include an interactive training manual on USB, a Thinking on Your Feet book, ABL handouts and power points, and discounted ABL products.
•College credits for this ABL Institute is available through Madonna University upon request, with payments made directly to the university.
•The ABL Certified Training covers a variety of topics and information that satisfies the funding requirements for Title One, Common Core, 21st Century Leadership, PEP grants, ESL, and Special education.
Location and Hotel Information for Houston, TX
Best Elementary in Alief ISD
10000 Centre Parkway
Houston, TX 77036 713-988-6445
9090 Southwest Freeway
Houston, TX 77074 713-995-0123
Location and Hotel Information for Charleston, SC
Stiles Point Elementary
883 Mikell Drive, Charleston, SC 29412 (843) 762-2767
1 Center Street
Folly Beach, SC 843-588-6464
The June 2015 Houston Trainings feature co-presenter Mike Kuczala, bestselling co-author of The Kinesthetic Classroom: Teaching and Learning through Movement and Master Trainer for Action Based Learning.
Mike will facilitate your experience engaging his 6-part framework using movement thoughtfully and purposefully in all content areas and grade levels including preparing the brain to learn, using brain breaks, supporting exercise and fitness, creating class cohesion, reviewing content, and teaching content. You will acquire dozens of immediately usable strategies from every part of the Kinesthetic Classroom framework and learn about the science that makes it all work! Each Houston participant will receive a copy of Mike’s book.
Agenda for Institute:
Trainings are held from 8am – 4pm each day.
Monday: What is Action Based Learning?
- •What makes ABL unique?
- •The ABL Mission, Philosophy and History
- •Brain Based vs. Brain Compatible
- •Meeting current education trends like Common Core,
- •21st Century Leadership and Race to the Top
- •Jean demonstrates sample presentations
Tuesday: Action Based Learning Topics
- •Common Core KIDS
- •Teaching the Brain in Poverty
- •Teaching the Teen Brain
- •Does PE make you smarter?
- •Language acquisition through ABL in Reading, Literacy, and ESL
Wednesday: Creating a Kinesthetic Classroom
- •Teaching the Whole Child
- •Why Movement?
- •Types of Movement
- •Flow of movement throughout the day
- •Flow of movement in each lesson
- •Classroom management
- •Facilitation of individuals, partners, groups
- •Clear, consistent directions
Thursday: Action Based Learning in Action
- •Action Based Learning in your school and school district
- •ABL Programs and Possibilities
- •Graduation ceremony
- •Official Certification