These are my links for August 31st – September 5th:
- Unconscious Reactions Separate Liberals and Conservatives: Scientific American
- Michael P. Kelly: Kids need to take back recess – El Paso Times
- Study links high-sugar diet to brain shrinkage | JunkScience.com
Interesting article about effects of high sugar and processed food on brain performance
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome associated with impaired brain function in adolescents
"The take home message is that just being overweight and obese is already impacting your brain," Dr. Convit said. "Kids who are struggling with their weight and moving toward having MetS may have lower grades, which could ultimately lead to lower professional achievement in the long run. These are run-of-the-mill, garden-variety kids, not kids that came into the hospital because they were sick. It is imperative that we take obesity and physical activity seriously in children. In this country, we're taking away gym class in order to give children more class time in an effort to improve school performance, but that effort may be having the exact opposite effect."
- Burn to Learn Infographic – MakingHealthEasier.org