These are my links for August 26th – August 30th:
- TV watching can shorten your life
Every hour of TV shortens life 22 minutes
- Prolonged Television Viewing Linked to Increased Risk of Type 2 Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Premature Death – June 14, 2011 -2011 Releases – Press Releases – Harvard School of Public Health
Too much TV
- Even a little exercise helps the heart
The more the better, but a little goes a long way!
- Exercise can substitute effectively as second 'medication' for people with depression, study suggests
- Inactivity linked to risk factors for Type 2 diabetes
New research to promote physical activity for all
- Morning Exercise Gets Kids' Brains Fired Up For Class
With obesity rates on the rise for teens, you might think it's a good idea to get them moving. But there's more to exercise than losing weight. New studies say there may be a link between exercise and learning. As CBS 2's Mary Kay Kleist reports, the more kids move, the more they learn.